Friday, March 11, 2011

Hi. It's been way too long. I'm so sorry.

Hey everyone,

So sorry it's taken a while to write. It's been pretty crazy busy the past few weeks, so I've had to cut down to the essentials of school and traveling. Alright, I believe I last left you guys in London with some brief highlights of my time there. Just to wrap that up really quickly, a few things I missed:

This was my first time staying in a hostel, and it certainly was a different experience than staying in a hotel. There were about 8 or so bunkbeds crammed into a room when we finally got in at 12:30. There were about 5 grown men already asleep so we had to save our discussions about where to go and what to do for the morning. There were 5 of us and since I hadn't yet been "by myself" (from the coach buses), I volunteered to be in the bunk above some random guy who we named Boama (I guarantee you I botched that spelling.) after a professor someone in the group knew. We figured that all the guys in the room were probably bus drivers of some sort because we heard them all leave at 6 in the morning.

We started off at the London Eye which is a staple (and rightly so) of London tourism. I had taken only taken a few pictures on the walk over when my camera suddenly broke. (I don't know camera lingo so Marissa, forgive me.) The zoom lens in the front was jammed and refused to pop out, rendering my camera useless. Luckily, after about 45 minutes of sporadic tries to fix it, Nicole managed to get it working again. Phew. There's nothing worse than traveling without a camera.

We really lucked out with the weather. I believe this was the weekend immediately following the huge snowstorm that happened back home so I almost felt guilty enjoying the 50 degree weather and sunshine. A lot of the trip kind of felt like deja vu so I don't know that I enjoyed it as much as I did when I went over New Year's. However, the feeling of familiarity made the trip oddly comforting because of the hint of nostalgia.

Alright, I'm going to try to do an Amsterdam post as well as my second trip to London post this weekend and catch up a little bit. Also, be on the lookout for an update on spring break plans. I'm not bringing my laptop with me with I travel during my April break so don't expect any posts until afterwards when I will do my best to catch up as quickly as possible. I hope all of you are doing well and that the weather is clearing up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment